Hitchcock Presbyterian Church
6 Greenacres Avenue, Scarsdale NY 10583
PW Policy on Giving Program
The Presbyterian Women of Hitchcock Church (“PW”) agree to be guided by the following
principles in our benevolent giving:
• We will focus on providing material and spiritual support to women and children in need,
primarily locally; we will offer some national and/or international aid as well.
• We want our gifts to be put to good effect, so we seek to support established, well-run
charitable organizations as determined by site visits, interviews, compliance with the
Better Business Bureau Standards for Charity Accountability, or other means of
• We are interested in supporting non-profit organizations currently being served by
members of PW and of the congregation of Hitchcock Church.
The PW Benevolence Fund will:
1) support primarily local organizations, and extend some support nationally and/or
internationally as well (target mix of giving: 80% local/domestic, 20% international);
2) support organizations being served by PW and Hitchcock Church members, provided
those organizations are in concert with our guiding principles;
3) reserve a small portion of the yearly giving total in order to be able to meet unanticipated
needs should they arise in the following year.
In order to be good stewards of our benevolence fund, PW will:
1) try to determine an appropriate number of organizations to give gifts to each year, such
that each gift can have a meaningful impact on the organization’s efforts;
2) review our bequests and our giving policy each year to ensure that PW is satisfied we are
fulfilling our goals.